Neurovascular Registered Nurse
- The NVRN-BC board certification examination is the only certification for registered nurses that focuses exclusively on acute neurovascular care.
- Attainment of NVRN certification demonstrates nursing expertise in the provision of acute neurovascular care to highly vulnerable, hospitalized acute stroke patients.
- There are also NVRN review courses set up at various locations every year.
- Exams can be taken at one of hundreds of computerized testing stations at any time by scheduling an exam, or at specific testing events set up throughout the year.
Find out what's going to be on the NVRN exam
Cost: $250 USD for members; $350 USD for non-members (additional $250 for review course). If the Review Course is offered in-person, the Exam will be taken in-person on the second day of the review course. If the Review Course is offered virtually, the computerized exam can be taken at various authorized testing centers across the country (at a day and time of your choice), or at another in-person NVRN event of your choice.You have up to 1 year to attempt the computerized version of the exam.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in country of origin
- Evidence of provision of a minimum of 1,000 hours of clinical care to acute stroke patients in the immediate 12 months preceding application; Clinical care hours may include provision of any of the following:
- direct clinical care
- participation in research or quality improvement projects
- stroke center coordination, or provision of nursing staff or patient education
If you do not have 1000 hours, but believe you have accumulated enough expertise to be successful on the examination, you may obtain your supervisor's signature indicating that he/she agrees that you have the requisite knowledge to sit for the certification examination.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Arizona State University and ANVC. Arizona State University is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Purchase any of the following in the NRVN store!
- Review Course & Certification Exam
- Certification Exam
- ANVC Core Curriculum