Advanced Neurovascular Practitioner
- The ANVP-BC board certification examination is the premier certification in acute neurovascular clinical practice for advanced practice providers.
- Exam eligibility is supported with strict eligibility criteria, ensuring certification of clinicians capable of combining theoretical knowledge with expert clinical practice skills.
- ANVP testing is available only at periodic events and locations. Check the store for times and places or contact us.
Cost: $350 USD for members; $450 USD for non-members (additional $200 for review course which must be purchased jointly with the exam). Review course and exam will take place on the same day.
Eligibility requirements include:
Evidence of completion of a post-graduate (post-Master’s degree) acute neurovascular fellowship program
Special offer for those without fellowship training: ANVP exam testing will be opened to Advanced Practice Providers (APP) with a minimum of an earned Masters degree from their APP program that lack acute neurovascular fellowship training but have a minimum of 5 years acute stroke work experience as an APP as validated by a hospital administrator and physician practice partner, beginning November 2019 and ending November 2021. Practitioners failing the exam on their first attempt may only retest 1 time and no sooner than 6 months after the failed first attempt. Following July 2021, all registrants will strictly be held to the fellowship training requirement in order to be eligible to test.
- Completion of a minimum of 1,000 clinical hours of advanced training and education in the area of acute neurovascular disease.
- The Rapid Review course is NOT a course designed to teach NEW content; it is a course designed to review key points in an extremely rapid format.
- Neuroimaging interpretation (multi-modal CT, MRI, catheter angiography, and duplex and TCD) and clinical localization skills are not covered on the ANVP Rapid Review as these are fundamental knowledge and skills that are expectations to sit the exam.