The World Health Organization and the American Nurses Association have extended the International Year of the Nurse into 2021 in recognition of the contributions made by nurses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout 2020, stroke clinicians have led and implemented innovative care strategies for acute stroke patients because stroke patients deserve nothing less. Because stroke is the number one cause of preventable adult disability, neurovascular disease demands the excellence in clinical services that YOU provide to reduce disability and death, even in the midst of a global pandemic. ANVC joins the WHO and the ANA in this initiative by recognizing and highlighting the contribution of nurses who have fought and continue to fight neurovascular disease and stroke regardless of circumstances into 2021.
We invite nominations of nurses (can be individual or group) who have made significant contributions to patients, stroke programs, communities, prehospital emergency services, or policy making in order to reduce the burden of stroke during 2021. You may also self-nominate!
Nominations should include the following:
- Professional photo that will be placed on the web and used in promotional announcements;
- A description (limited to no more than 1000 words) of the contribution worthy of this recognition;
- A brief biosketch that describes the individual or group including place of employment, credentials, and other key information.
- All nominees must be ANVC members. (Board members and Past Presidents are ineligible for this recognition; volunteer committee members are eligible.)
- Send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with Year of the Nurse and Midwife in the subject line.
The ANVC membership will select the first place winner via election in August 2021.
The winner will be honored at the ANVC Conference in Phoenix on November 15-16 with a plaque, free registration to the conference as well as a $1000 honorarium courtesy of the Health Outcomes Institute. Attendance at the ANVC conference in November is a requirement for submission. If the winner is a group, then one member from the group will receive the free registration.