Dear ANVC Members!
Welcome to the first edition of ANVC CONNECT – a bi-monthly electronic communication to keep members informed about activities and issues important to you, your association and the neurovascular clinician community. We want to ensure that the content we create and deliver is beneficial, so we ask that you to tell us the topics that matter most to you—whether it is ways to advance your career, topics for education, or ideas for expanding networking. Simply send your ideas to the ANVC Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this edition, I want to share with you the three strategic goals that were developed by the ANVC Board to bring our mission to life over the next five years. These are:
- Certification: Provide the leading products recognizing neurovascular expertise in nurses/APPs.
- Education: Provide educational resources that develop knowledge and skills that support delivery of evidence-based neurovascular care.
- Membership: Provide a venue for networking, engagement, community and fellowship.
Specific initiatives currently under development include:
- The creation of a certification course for neurovascular stroke coordinators. The first course and exam will be offered November 18th and 19th in Atlanta, GA in conjunction with the SVIN conference. More details about this is coming your way soon!
- Beginning November 2019 and ending November 2021, removing the fellowship training requirement to allow Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) to take the ANVP exam as long as they have a minimum of a Masters degree from the APP program and 5 years acute stroke work experience as an APP. A separate email will be sent soon with more details!
- Obtaining CEU credits for the ANVP exam.
- Responding to the many requests for help in preparing to take the NVRN and ANVP certification exams. The Education and Certification Committees are working hard to make this happen.
I encourage you to get connected to ANVC’s social media as information regarding the above programs as well as other beneficial information will be disseminated via the ANVC website, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
We hope you find ANVC CONNECT to be a useful and valuable communication tool. We look forward to receiving your feedback and topic ideas by sending them to the ANVC Executive Office at email@example.com.
Wendy Dusenbury DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, AGACNP-BC, ANVP-BC
President: Association of Neurovascular Clinicians
NVRN Review, Oklahoma City, OK - July 19 & 20
NVRN Rapid Review & Exam, Australia - August 7
NVRN Review, San Jose, CA - October 5 & 6
NVRN Review, Hershey, PA - October 25 & 26
NVRN Review, Knoxville, TN - Fall 2019
ANVP Rapid Review & Exam, Atlanta, GA - November 18
ANVP Rapid Review & Exam, UK - December 10
FIND AN NVRN TESTING CENTER LOCATION
ANVC CORE CURRICULUM
HOST A REVIEW COURSE